About Me
How do you expect to catch me if you run in the other direction?

My Fiance...



Archives


Recent Entries

My future



chika nyo!



Great Reads
Menasha
Ace
Adonis
Aggie & Edil
Art
Ayin
Belinda
Bong (God Demet!)
Cai
Cris
Chipester
Chona
Dementia
Den
Derek
Dyosa Mystica
Fark Muncion
Fifikins
Fuggin
Ivan
Jacob
Jan
Jean
Jerome
Jett
Jinggay
Jones
June
Junville
Kara
Karra d' Barra
Lemon-Kalbo
Makkoy
Myls
Opethian
Paulo
Patty
Podi
Ritch
Roxy
Team Pasaway
Teasha
Tinay
Tigbak
Val
Val & Paulo
Ven
Vivi
Wylmer


daily bread
uefa.com
nikefootball.com
realmadrid.com fifa.com
espn.com
fifaworldcup.com
espnsoccernet.com
autoindustriya.com
cardomain.com
kotse.com
dragracingpinoy.com
bmw.com
hondaclubphilippines.com
tsikot.com
piyeza.com
hondaphil.com
motorista.com.ph
oakley.com
charriol.com
clinique.com
abercrombie.com
tiffany.com
clickthecity.com
TWoP.com
weddingchannel.com
friendster.com
harrypotterforums.co.uk
mugglenet.com
kryptonsite.com
yahoomail.com
networksolutions.com


currently reading...
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
Deception Point by Dan Brown


Currently Listening To...

Over You
by Daughtry

Now that it's all said and done,
I can't believe you were the one
To build me up and tear me down,
Like an old abandoned house.
What you said when you left
Just left me cold and out of breath.
I fell too far, was in way too deep.
Guess I let you get the best of me.


Well, I never saw it coming.
I should've started running
A long, long time ago.
And I never thought I'd doubt you,
I'm better off without you
More than you, more than you know.
I'm slowly getting closure.
I guess it's really over.
I'm finally getting better.
And now I'm picking up the pieces.
I'm spending all of these years
Putting my heart back together.
'Cause the day I thought I'd never get through,
I got over you.


Huwag mo nang itanong sa akin
Di ko rin naman sasabihin
Huwag mo nang itanong sa akin
At di ko na iisipin


You took a hammer to these walls,
Dragged the memories down the hall,
Packed your bags and walked away.
There was nothing I could say.
And when you slammed the front door shut,
A lot of others opened up,
So did my eyes so I could see
That you never were the best for me.


Well, I never saw it coming.
I should've started running
A long, long time ago.
And I never thought I'd doubt you,
I'm better off without you
More than you, more than you know.
I'm slowly getting closure.
I guess it's really over.
I'm finally getting better.
And now I'm picking up the pieces.
I'm spending all of these years
Putting my heart back together.
Well I'm putting my heart back together,
'Cause I got over you.
Well I got over you.
I got over you.
'Cause the day I thought I'd never get through,


I got over you.


Visitors


Acknowledgements
Images: Ramblings & Roadtrips/Mis-Moon
Design:
Blogfrocks
Powered by Blogger

 
Thursday, January 20, 2005
My future
 
I have a story to tell.

Once upon a time, my Past and my Present caught up with me. Both of them wanted a chance to become my Future. I couldn't decide who to pick.

I contemplated about my Past and thought about the good times... The bad times... I thought about how much I miss my Past. All of the times that we spent together. How much there's still a big part of me that wishes he were back in my life to fill in the void that came about when he left.

But also there's my Present.

My Present is perfect. He is like the Prince that saved me from the bitterness of my Past. When all I can feel with my Past is sorrow, all I feel for my Present is happiness, laughter and security. I had once asked for someone to save me and I knew in my heart that he could. My saviour. My knight. My Prince.

But why does the idea of not giving my Past a second chance so revolting?

Days and nights I thought about what to do. I always thought about why I felt so alone. Why I felt so scared of the thought of being happy. I asked myself countless times, why I was even thinking about this. The Past who made you cry, or the Present who'd do almost anything to make me happy... I guess it was true that the only person who could make you stop hurting is the person who hurt you in the first place.

When I saw my Past face to face, it all came flooding back. Right then I was ready to give in again. My Past wanted to talk to me. And I wanted to talk to him too. There are so many questions that I know only he could answer.

"I'm with someone new now," my Past said.

I knew that...

"Then I guess there's really nothing we should talk about," he said again.

I guess not.

"Dammit!" he said. "Why are you so incapable of saying exactly how you feel? This is exactly what happened to us before. I tell you I was leaving and all you said was, take care on your way home. I never know what the hell you want from me! Do you want to be with me?.."

I kept quiet. He was right. I never ask for what I want because I always feel like I don't deserve to be so lucky. And I was scared... of him. Scared that he might not want what I wanted. Or allow me to get what I wanted... Him.

"What do you want?" he cried. "Tell me you want me, and you can have me."

What about your girl?

"Come-on, you know it's always been you..."

He was getting angry again. Then memories from before came back to me. That was the one, I was always so scared of him. I had told him that he was this voice in my head in everything I do, and that was exactly it. I always thought I needed his approval. I always thought I have to be better. I always thought I have to justify him being with me.

"What!?"

I started crying. I cried because I knew this was goodbye.

You really want to know the truth, my Past? I think it's time to move on. I think I shouldn't keep holding on to you. I think I can never love you the same way knowing it wasn't good enough that you had to leave. I think that there's better for me. Somewhere. There's someone waiting for me. Who I could be myself with. Who can accept me for who I am and didn't need me to ask for what I want, but should know what I want because he knows me. The truth is my Past, if you had to ask what I wanted, then you obviously are not ready to know.

I stepped out of the car, still crying and walked toward my house where my Present sat waiting.

"What happened to you?" he asked concern written all over his face. "I'm gonna have a little talk with him..."

No. You don't have to. Don't hate him. He didn't do anything to me.

"Didn't do anything? Will you look at yourself!" he held my hand. "I'm sorry, but you come to me broken, I get to hate the person who broke you. That's just how it is."

Please... I'm really not crying because of him.

I put my arms around his waste. And he cradled me, I can feel his lips on my ear.

I'm crying because I know exactly what I want now.

"Tell me..."

Just this. Plain and simple.

chumika si menasha at  4:28 PM

Comments:

you were broken once, yes but not anymore...you come to him scarred...and he gets to heal you...

your past and present came at the same moment for a reason...so you could settle your past...so you could bury old ghosts...so you could shut the door with finality...so you could walk away from that person who walked away from you once and never thought that he was walking away from the best thing that ever happened to his life...and now someone else welcomed you into his life with arms wide open...your present...your heart knew all along where you belong...plain and simple...
-hundun

Anonymous Anonymous @ 12:45 AM  

Some people are meant to be given a second chance...
If you think he's worth a second chance then why not tell him. Why do you keep on mentioning "if you don't know then you're not ready to know" ? Kaya nga niya tinatanong eh..he probably just wants to make sure na yung iniisip nya is pareho lang sa gusto niyang mangyare sa inyong dalawa. --- Jerome --- miss seein you on the floor!

know this, silence is one indication that precious things should be kept precious --- locked in guilded boxes. you must not hate yourself for contemplating about these things for these thoughts keep you sane. there is nothing weirder that not being weirded out by reminiscing about the past. you know yourself more than anybody else (no matter how much you deny it). fear is what denies us happinness. and time is always in its slyest mode. it's always up to you to say, "okay, i'm ready now".
so what's holding you back, sis? if i were you, i'd exert most of my energy smiling and being grateful for the memorable experiences. they've given you growth. now, let's see you live life as these times of momentary greatness taught you to live.
be happy! :-D

~tetay

Anonymous Anonymous @ 6:12 AM  

Sounds like my ex.

You know what, don't ask yourself if you'd like to give him another chance, because believe me, there has been already a second chance, somewhere along yourroad, and you passed it by too long ago to notice you've already had.

How many times do we need to say "Don't dwell on the past" to actually do it? I know, it's hard to implement, I've been through it.

Think of what you have NOW, not what COULD have, or rather what WOULD HAVE BEEN. ;)

Post a Comment


 
      Website Copyright © Blogfrocks
Images Copyright © Ramblings & Roadtrips/Mis-Moon